Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A CORRECTION AND AN ADDITION

The correction first: I mistranslated the FAW in my post yesterday--the organization is the Fellowship of Australian Writers, not the Federation. Fellowship is a much more accurate term for an organization that is as close-knit and supportive of its members as the Tasmania chapter clearly it. The anthology they have recently published is called A Net of Hands, and last night at The Lark I heard and enjoyed 8 poems from it.

The addition: In my note about the weather possibilities for tomorrow I left out the rather startling one of snow high on Mount Wellington. For those of you at home in Canada snow won't seem at all odd right now, but consider that here we are only days away from the solstice (winter? summer?) and today I'm wandering around in a short-sleeved t-shirt and feeling overdressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment